Montreal, Quebec: Aurvista Gold Corporation (“Aurvista” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: AVA, OTCQB: ARVSF; Frankfurt: AV2) is pleased to report Preliminary Metallurgical Test results (the “Met Test Results”) for gold recovery at the Company’s Douay Gold Project (“Douay”). Ten sample composites totaling 311 kilograms from the principal gold zones at Douay (Northwest, Douay West, Main Porphyry, 10, 20, 531 and Main) as outlined by Duke (2012), were submitted for metallurgical testing at Base Metallurgical Laboratories in Kamloops (B.C.).
The average gold grade of the sample composites was 1.89 g/t gold. Gold was the primary economic element; other possible revenue generating metals including copper and silver were at trace levels in most of the samples. The samples also contained on average 1.50% sulfur.
Using gravity and flotation, gold recovery to the concentrates was very consistent. The average gold gravity recovery was 26% with flotation recovering an additional 66%, totaling an average 92% recovery. The tests indicated a strong correlation between gold recovery and sulfur recovery, indicating that gold may be associated with the sulfide minerals.
To understand the sulfur and gold relationship, another series of tests were performed to recover a gravity and flotation concentrate, followed by cyanidation leaching of the flotation concentrate. Leaching tests were performed on the flotation concentrate reground to 2 different leach sizes: 20 µm K80 and 15 µm K80. The finer regrind size produced the best performance. The average gold extraction for the gravity, flotation and leach process was 85%. The performance of the two Northwest Zone composites, from a felsic volcanic host rock, improved from the whole feed cyanide leaching (see below), but they still lagged in comparison to the other composites. The average recovery of this process, excluding the Northwest Zone samples was 88.9% in mafic volcanic and porphyry host rocks.
Aurvista’s President and CEO, Jean Lafleur, stated: “We are very pleased and encouraged by these preliminary metallurgical test results, as the early indications for gold recovery are in line with the recoveries achieved elsewhere in the Abitibi Belt at projects with comparable mineralization styles and similar or lower gold grades. Additional drilling and further metallurgical testing is planned toward the end of 2017, and we are confident the recovery process will continue to improve as we advance Douay.”
Mr. Jean Lafleur, P. Geo.
President and CEO, Director
Cell: +1 514 927 3633
Mr. Keith C Minty, P. Eng., MBA
Chief Operating Officer
Phone: +1 416 682 2671
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS PRESS RELEASE.
This news release may contain forward-looking statements, including the mineral resource estimate and the assumptions used to prepare such estimate, that are based on assumptions, uncertainties and management’s best estimate of future events. Actual events or results could differ materially from the Company’s expectations and projections. Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. When used herein, words such as “anticipate”, “will”, “intend” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. For a more detailed discussion of such risks and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, refer to Aurvista Gold Corporation’s filings with Canadian securities regulators available on www.sedar.com or the Company’s website at www.aurvistagold.com.